Exercise for Seniors
- Strong People is a 12-week strength training class designed for older adults (both men and women) who want to stay fit, strong and healthy. The class meets twice per week for 1 hour. Trained Strong People instructors are located around Montana. For more information visit the MSU Extension Strong People webpage.
- Resistance Band Workouts are excellent ways to stay fit, improve strength and mobility, and have fun. MSU Extension has four resistance band workouts available to download as a pdf, or to view online as videos. Please visit the Resistance Band Workout page for more information.
- Mindfulness is a wonderful way to help alleviate stress. MSU Extension has created mindfulness videos including guided visualizations and a body scan which all may be viewed online.
- What is Mental Health? Learn about Mental Health and options to improve your mental health and manage stress.
- Visit MSU Extension's Food and Nutrition website for information on healthy eating, food safety, food preparation, and food preservation.
- Montana State University Extension's Buy Eat Live Better program provides classes to help people make the healthy choice the easy choice. Assistance for those who find they cannot afford food is also available.
- Healthy Recipes are also available through Buy Eat Live Better.
For more information on Gerontology Programs at MSU and MSU Extension please contact:
Dan Koltz, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Health and Human Development
Gerontology Specialist, MSU Extension
317 Reid Hall
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59717-3370