Powerful Tools for Caregivers (PTC)
Powerful Tools for Caregivers (PTC) is an educational program that provides family caregivers with the skills and confidence to better care for themselves while caring for someone with a chronic illness. PTC consists of six 90 minute or 2-1/2 hour classes co-led by trained facilitators who employ a standardized curriculum.
In the six-week PTC class, caregivers learn how to:
- Utilize community resources
- Better manage stress
- Communicate effectively with friends, family & healthcare providers
- Cope with difficult emotions
- Take better steps to care for themselves
State & Community Resources
The Montana PTC program has compiled this list of
valuable state-wide and community resources.
This list has been designed with spaces for organizations to
fill in their local agency/service organization information.
Please download this list and share it with all your caregivers.
State and National Resources
Alzheimer's Association - Montana Chapter website with listings of
support groups, educational opportunities, and how to get involved.
Caregiver Center that includes online training, caregiver stress check,
an online support community, and much more.
Alzheimer's Association with 24/7 helpline, topics of
interest, and informational brochures.
Upcoming PTC Classes
- Date: Tuesdays, Feb 1, 8, 15, 22 Mar 1, 8
- Time: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Location: Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute; Guy Tobacco Room at 1117 29th St. S.
- Register: Call Katrin Finch at 406-454-6980 or Sarah Grotbo at 406-731-8248
- For more information or questions email email@example.com
PTC is offering both leader and individual care giver courses virtually online. Find caregiver classes on this Powerful Tools for Caregives webpage.